Sunday, June 04, 2006

Celebrate....





Sorry I haven't posted. So many events since we last spoke. First of all, I pulled off another great birthday party for Andi. Of course her expectations are always so high so I really have to produce. This year we did a tea party and I found the prettiest tea cups which we used in the party and the children took with them. However, probably almost as high on Andi's list of birthday fun was going to Krispy Kreme on her actual birthday. It has to be a big event for us to give in on Krispy Kreme. I took her and Sam and they both got a chocolate covered donut with custard on the inside. Of course, Sam has to do whatever Andi does so he ate his donut the exact same way she did. Starting at the bottom pinching piece by piece off, eating the cream out and ending with a donut bowl that was the skin of the top covered with chocolate. All of this with fingers. Sam was kind of upset that his bowl wasn't as good as Andi's. He didn't understand that you have to only eat the middle out to achieve this effect. He had eaten too much of the sides. He got over it pretty quick though when the sugar high took over.

Next came Andi's kindergarten graduation. It was a very sweet celebration. We have watched it for 2 years and this was our year to watch Andi cross the bridge. Family and younger kindergartners look on as one by one the kids who are going to 1st grade cross the bridge. It is very quiet during the celebration and many grownups are teary eyed. In Waldorf the passing from Kindergarten to 1st grade signifies a real transition from being a kindergartner full of imagination to a child going on to real school work. Andi was very excited.

Andi, Sam, Milla, and I just returned from a night of camping. We swam in the river all day yesterday and came back exhausted. Good fun.

Love you guys! Love Auntie M

P.S. Kelsey, happy birthday. XXXXXOOOO Give us the highlights of your special day. Did you get to go to Krispy Kreme?

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I love this blog. I get to see you and hear from you with pictures and everything. Love you, Marg.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Chapman Family said...

Sounds like fun! Doughnuts are so filling, it amazes me that kids that size can eat them and not die.
Tell Andi big congrats on her graduation!!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home