My Day in the Hospital

Hi All,
Today Sam fell and broke both the bones in his forearm. It was around 9am and we were playing on the playground at school. He came down the slide and I guess he stood up on the bottom of the slide and somehow fell to the ground. It wasn't that big of a fall but I guess he landed just right. I could tell right away that it was broken because it had a strange bend to it (bring back memories Taylor?). Anyway, I was without car so I had a friend take me to the emergency room which happens to be very close. It wasn't long before they got us into a room but it was about an hour from the accident that they finally gave him some Morphine to help with the pain. Also, since he had had breakfast an hour before we got there, they had to wait another 3 hours before they could set the break. At that point, they gave him another shot to put him out for a little while so they could manipulate his arm. He was such a brave boy. Of course the social worker had to stop by to make sure Sam had not been abused. She gave him a little stuffed caterpiller to ease the pain. Finally, about 2:30pm we got out of there. Sam is doing well. Doesn't seem to be in much pain but at 7:00pm he is still lolling around on the couch. Should be a long night getting used to the cast in bed. That was my day. How was yours? Love Auntie M

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home