Krishna Bhakti

That's no fun. You're a very brave boy, Sam! I broke my arm when I was around your sister's age. I hope it heals up well. I'm sending you kisses and hugs.
Nothing interesting happened today, but yesterday my mentor took me to an Indian classical dance ballet called Krishna Bhakti. It tells the story of two famous Krishna devotees, Andal and Meera. The first act is told through bharata natyam dance and the second act through Manipuri. The show was conceived, choreographed and danced in by the beautiful Jayanthi Raman (that's her in the picture). Her daughter, Ramya, who was also in the show, was one of my fellow Young Scholars, and my mentor is a friend of her mother. The choreography was beautiful and Jayanthi is an incredible dancer and performer.
Love you all and keep posting. Get well, Sam.
T

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home