Friday, September 01, 2006

Cinetastic


When you lot were in Oregon I was going to write out a list of good films we had seen in the past year or so that I thought you should see. Some of them you've probably watched, but I'll include them anyway. Some are great and others are quite good and worth seeing. And we're still in our Hitch buzz (Have seen: To Catch a Thief, The Birds, The 39 Steps, North by Northwest, Vertigo, The Trouble with Harry, Rear Window, The Man Who Knew Too Much ['56], Suspicion, Strangers on a Train, Dial M For Murder, Torn Curtain, Foreign Correspondent, Rope.) I'm also reading his bio. We're watching Marnie soon. Obviously we have a lot of films to go, most notably Psycho. We also have He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not rented, on Angie's recommendation. Oh, and! They're filming a big movie a few miles from us right now, starring...Morgan Freeman, among others. It's directed by Robert Benton, who did Kramer vs. Kramer. Sorry if all the movie talk is boring. Here's the list:

To Be and To Have (French film)
The Squid and the Whale (came out last year)
All those Hitch films
Neil Young: Heart of Gold (great concert movie)
The Price of Milk (enchanting New Zealand indie, probably hard to find)
Funny Face (musical w/ Fred Astaire, Audrey Hepburn)
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace and Music (fabulous documentary about said event)
How to Steal a Million (fun Audrey Hepburn/Peter O'Toole romp)
Return of the Secaucus 7 (very indie The Big Chill type thing)
The Red Violin (interesting fictional history of a violin)
Ragtime (based on E.L. Doctorow novel)
Wait Until Dark (thriller with Hepburn again, and Alan Arkin)
Brazil (brilliant, brilliant film - dystopian comedy)
Great Expectations (by David Lean, with John Mills and Alec Guinness)
The Bicycle Thief (great Italian film)
Rivers and Tides (you have to see this; it's about the artist Andy Goldsworthy)
Walkabout (weird story set in Australian outback)

I think that's enough for now. There are so many films out there, how can one ever see enough in a lifetime?
Love and film reels,
T

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Okay, T. I'm counting on you. We will definitely rent a suggested movie during our next day night.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home