Homeschooling Rocks!





Spring is beautiful here so we hit the water in a canoe on Town Lake for a little environmental education "class". Lots of wildlife, including babies. We had such a great time. These are the days that I love the most-being outside, communing with "naytcha". The swan looks beautiful but when we got a little too close the kids hunkered down in the bottom of the canoe after he/she came towards us hissing. Brought our nets and caught a baby turtle. Released it after holding it for awhile - very cute! Saw a gar in the water and a humongous turtle that I, at first, thought was an alligator. I wanted to hang out a little and look for it again but Andi was sure it was an alligator and was also sure it was going to jump in the canoe and eat us. I wonder what the school children are doing right now? Wish you were here to enjoy this day with us. -auntie m

2 Comments:
Sounds so wonderful! I wish I was there with you.
T
We are headed your way sometime soon. I think a week from this Wednesday if Grammy & Poppy will have us. I asked Danijela if she wanted to go to Austin and she said "That would make me very happy!" ... Love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home